Thursday

It's the "little" Things.

Hey everybody, what's up? Hope the week is treating you well thus far but even so, hope you have some great weekend plans. You know, there's nothing like a good weekend to make you absolutely HATE the week, and today it really hit me.

As I drove home, I saw an ad for "Juicy Fruit" gum in a bus stop and it jolted me back to last weekend when me and my brother were chillin' out. See, I decided to get some gum because I want to get back in the habit and I miss the taste of Juicy Fruit. So I go into the store and to my absolute HORROR, the gum is now sold as pieces (in the Dentine Ice style) rather than sticks.
Now...

THE WHOLE F***ING POINT OF BUYING JUICY FRUIT GUM IS TO HAVE GUM STICKS!!!

THIS:


Not This:





THIS:





Not This:

Seriously...
There is something awesome about sticks of gum, can't put my finger on it but they're like cigarettes. People who smoke despite the fear: smoke, those who fear cancer and death and all that, what do they do? That's right! They chew PIECES of GUM to try and "curb the addiction"...>>

Pieces of gum are perhaps the most un-artistc and lame version of the invention known as gum. They're too perfect, and besides, they look like pills.


In other news, as I was on my way home I saw a car that was parked but was signalling to get out, as I cautiously approached, I noticed that it actually had it's hazard lights on. Now, hazard lights are to signal that you should pass the car if you as so inclined. Usually, you see these kinds of lights on the side of the highway, or on cars that go slow through a snow storm or some such. But when a car is already parked? Fuck, I'm gonna pass it ANYWAY! Why put the lights on? If there were NO lights on, I would assume the car was parked and pass it! Honestly, I don't get some people or why they do things. I wonder, for example, what was going on through their head when they thought that would be a good idea? "hmmm, better put the hazard lights on so people won't think I'm just parked here..." >>

Anyhow, after that quirky moment I turned the corner and ran over a bouquet of flowers that someone discarded- seemed to fit the mood of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment