Saturday

Dream Journal - 4/20/2013

I took her to the mall 
After the disappointment of a froze-over skating rink. 
She had stars in her eyes that never died.

We walked along the street through the white multitude as it descended and she smiled at the millions of flakes as they moved here and there, not knowing where to set down.

The wind blew cold truth through the air.

She had lost the fight.

I could tell she wasn't proud of it, 
But she was tranquil just the same.

We turned a corner 
To a lake 
That overlooked the black wall of snow 
Coming towards the city in the distance. Like the rink, 
The lake was totally frozen, 
So we sat on the edge of it.

She slumped into my shoulder and breathed a tearful sigh. 

The wind blew cold truth through the air.

I held her close and kissed her head, resting mine on hers. 

The snow came down on top of us, 
And the world slipped beneath the waves of night.

For that last moment I looked at her,
And she smiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment