Thursday

Let's Stay Inside...



So... winter is here... again... it's the first big snow of the year (more than 12") and let me tell you, it's not very fun to live in such a climate. Seriously, I'm driving to work this morning through the apocalypse; my car windshield fluid doesn't come out, so I had to stop half-way there and let the snowfall accumulate on my windshield before I could use the wipers to clean the damn thing off.

Now I don't know how many of you work outside, but I do, and let me tell you, when it's snowing this hard, it's hard to get anything done. You have to sweep your work area off every three seconds, and you just fight the weather all day long. Not to mention that it's -57,000 F outside! I mean really, who decided to build a city here? For that matter, why didn't the early colonists just leave the 'new world' the INSTANT a winter storm hit? Hell, if it was me I'd have been like "Are you fucking kidding me?! I'm outta here." and get back on the ship and go back to England, or wherever. I just can't figure out why people CHOSE to live in one of the most ridiculous climates ever. Why not live in Antarctica if you like snow so much? Oh that's right, 'cause there's nothing BUT snow there. Well let me tell you: in a Canadian winter, there's nothing but snow here EITHER.

Anyhow, rant rant... so yeah, I also spoke to my cousin the other day about eating, and he just can't figure me out when it comes to anything (the poor guy actually tries), but this time, we got on the topic of eating and I mentioned how I think eating is stupid. I mean seriously, let's take time out of our lives to sit around and process objects with our teeth so that we can pass it to our stomach so that we don't die. Life is weird man, and I am very opposed to doing anything that I HAVE to do. It's one of those pet-peeves if you will, I strongly oppose doing anything that I have to do. This includes eating. Don't get me wrong, I don't starve myself (I'm actually attempting to develop a 6,000 calorie/200g of protein diet for myself so that I can work out more consistently and see steady gains) but I mean really, the whole exercise is annoying to me, and takes soooo much time that I'd rather spend elsewhere. What's even worse, is when they put this eating thing in movies... I mean, what's worse than spending time eating? Watching other people spend time eating... and then, lo and behold, the movie goer is hungry and goes somewhere to eat afterward...

ANYhow... one of the things I was really thinking about today is breaking up routine. I think that people as a whole don't break up their routines in POSITIVE ways. I mean sure, the snow storm broke up my routine today, but that's hardly an event I'd like to duplicate. Then there's any other thing that comes into our lives and fucks us over one way or another. It's no wonder people fear breaking routine and cling as best they can to their mundane lives. It would seem we've been trained to stay sheltered and locked-in to the familiar. 

However, it is my belief that if we could break routine willingly and for the better, that we'd actually loosen up a bit more; and so, that is exactly what I'm going to do tonight. I'm taking a break from everything, even the things that I usually do to relax. I hope it has a positive effect. At the very least, it can't be as bad as the snow storm.

Peace out homies!


No comments:

Post a Comment