Friday

Exotic Radio.

What up peeps?

So I've been sick lately, which is why there have been no new posts.

Let's not dwell on the negative however.

So, today is Friday! And yes, I'm excited for the weekend. My brother goes to Toronto film school by train tomorrow and I'm gonna see him off. Exciting stuff. As for me, I'm listening to


it was sent to me by someone I don't even know! But they said it seemed to embody the photoshoot I had done and I'll tell you what, they're right! Great song for a great person.

 Just a little bow... picture for ya.

Anyhow, the real reason I came here tonight is to mention that there are some amazing radio programs on at all hours of the day. Why, just today, as I'm driving home from work, I turn the dial to 97.4fm and what do I hear? What indeed! Asian broadcasting! And that's not all, Asian music as well. If I had to guess, I'd say Chinese, but it could be Japanese, Korean, who knows? At any rate, the music was amazing. It had lyrics but wasn't pop. It was almost a 1940's kinda Sinatra feel only with Asian soul.

Listening to this music I realized one thing: the Asians have HUGE hearts. Much bigger than we give them credit for. Most of the time we focus on their intelligence, book smarts and all that, but the Asian soul is the same one that figured out Zen Buddhism among other forms of enlightened thought. Listening to that music today I felt so connected. Heck, maybe I'm an Asian-incarnate?

Now I've looked for the kinds of songs I heard today on youtube for you to hear what I'm talking about, but it's all either Asian Pop, Asian Traditional/Classical, or Asian Covers of English songs. Truly sad, as you really do need to hear it to see what I mean. Oh well, guess some things are meant to stay hidden.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment