Thursday

It Began on a Thursday...

So here it is... the blog... Always wanted to do this and I figured there would never be a perfect time to start. Sometimes you just gotta do it. Anyhow...

At work, the owner of the house (Les) came by once again (as he always does) to go over things that he's told us repeatedly. lol. I can understand though, it's his house after all. Then he mentions that it's gonna be the long weekend. See, I had no idea, so it caught me off guard and put the cherry on an already great morning.

He mentioned the landing we were building for his stairs and I figure it puts him in the top 20% of home owners, just for the landing. That thing is strong, much unlike most landings we do. It's not that the other landings are weak, it's just that Les's is overkill. See, if there's a shadow of a doubt in the guy's mind as to the strength of a portion of his house, he'll add something, just to make sure. "Then there's no headaches" he always says. I tell you, the man must have money coming out of his ears. He used to be a school teacher you know, and then one day some friend or acquaintance of his pitched him the idea of buying a house and flipping it. So that worked and he flipped another and another, went into building them and quit the teaching to become a home-builder. He says he would still teach if he could but has no time, so I guess he enjoyed it.

At the coffee-break I read my brother's blog. Records & Magazines it's called, and it's awesome. He talks of his passion for film and music, and it inspired me to start this blog.

After coffee, I enter the house and Les's wife is standing there like a vision. Must be about 40 or so years old, and looks good for her age. We talked about the house and she's excited about the down-town view. I tell her she should build a roof-top patio, though she mentions that they have a front patio on the second floor. They also have 4 kids. The 2 boys rooms are upstairs and the girls get the basement. "Everyone wants their own space" she mentions when the size of the house comes up in the convo. Then she mentions that she wants a wall moved because she has a piano (not a grand though, I asked) and I check the plan... yep, we put the wall in the wrong place. Whoever laid the walls out must have read the thing upside down. So anyhow, crisis averted. >>
She's the only one that plays the piano though, and seemed to like the idea that it might be an heirloom one day, though "nobody else plays it, so I don't know." she said.

At lunch I had no food, so I caught a ride with my cousin Shaun, and we went to a Wendy's. We talked and eventually Shaun told me about a time he had a tranny for a hairdresser. I wondered how he could tell, Adam's apple? But no, Shaun said the surgery was bad and was obvious. Sad. Anyhow, he mentioned how the whole time he tried to get the guy/girl to talk about the surgery and etc. I mean, what exactly goes on? Anyhow, Shaun wasn't bothered by it unlike a lot of his friends whom he told the story to. We talked of how people just need to accept themselves more, and often the people who blame others for not accepting them 'the way they are' are the most un-accepting of themselves. To me, if you have to declare something like "I'm fine with who I am!" it reeks of bullshit, honestly; and if you need ALL of society to 'tolerate' you, it's even more of a giveaway that you aren't comfortable with who you are. People who are 'real' don't need anyone to tell them they are 'o.k.' they just are, and don't need anyone else to think so.

So anyhow, after lunch we got back and I'm ready for the day to end though I'm having a blast. Haven't had fun living in a while but new perspectives tend to help in that regard. As we're putting down the floor Shaun mentions Les's hired-hand Robert. He says: "Yeah I was gonna clean up the site the other day but thought: no, Robert will end up doing that. Les needs to justify Robert's existence." Lmfao! 

At the end of the day before we went home my cousin Jesse comes over and gives us a safety orientation, I guess it's required for the company to be able to take bigger and better contracts. Whatever, I got an ice-cap out of it. So I head home and almost get hit twice on the road. Once was a bus that I just barely got ahead of when merging. The driver hits the horn and I wave to him. Nothing was gonna ruin my mood today. Anyhow I get home and have time enough to shower and eat a cup of peanuts before my cousin Brandon comes over and we head to the gym. He tells me he's been learning about accepting death in order to be able to fully live presently and fully, and I couldn't agree more. People are too afraid of death but like Shaun pointed out: Life increases your risk of death by 100%. Words to live by.

So at the gym we notice my old trainer Jason and his brother Matt and stop to talk to them. Their faces lit up when they saw us and we joked with them for a while... smiles the whole time from all, just great guys to hang around. They actually didn't want us to leave but we had to work out lol. At any rate, good seeing them again. Jason told me about his tire-flipping exercises. I guess the tire is 600lbs and he got it from one of his clients. What an awesome perk. I told Jason he's gotta get to the point where he can hold that tire in the Atlas pose, but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Then I came home and wrote this blog and it's off to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. cool i like how it is just a real account; and quite purposeful i might add....
    i dig it. didn't know jordan had his own till i read about it in yours...lol.....

    ReplyDelete